Our client has an immediate need for Tax Supervisors with 5-7 years of experience and who desire to earn far in excess of the market salary for these types of positions.
Supervisors are responsible for preparing more complex tax returns and overseeing service teams for clients.
Required Experience and Education:
- 5-7 years experience in public accounting or corporate tax department work, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of projects managed.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in an appropriate field is required.
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software, or software appropriate to practice group. Experience with industry leading tax software is preferred.
- Coordinates various phases of tax return preparation, budgets time, monitors actual performance against budget, prepares complex tax returns and reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness on less complex projects.
- Oversees projects and special assignments.
- Develops relationships with clients and provides high quality client service.
- Identify tax issues and planning opportunities as they arise and communicate to Partner.
- Supports training of staff members, offers guidance and direction, gives constructive criticism of working papers.
- Ensures that working papers, tax returns, and other client deliverables are accurate and prepared in accordance with professional standards.
- Accepts responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Participates in Firm’s marketing efforts to add new business to the Firm.
- Serves as Mentor for Supervisors, Senior Associates, and Associates.
Salary is $80K-115K/year DOE with exceptional benefits.