Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to deliver data analysis, intelligence, and risk assessment for a vast consumer financial portfolio. The individual will be instrumental in mining insights from data, forming strategic recommendations for executive leadership, and ensuring risk mitigation in line with organizational objectives. The role demands a blend of financial acumen, database expertise, and risk assessment proficiency.
This is a hands-on role with direct involvement in shaping company strategy and performance. Successful candidates will thrive independently, demonstrate critical thinking, and communicate seamlessly with various stakeholders, from team members to the highest echelons of executive leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop queries across company databases; liaise with department heads for essential data extraction.
- Produce analysis, forecasts, and budgets at varying levels: branch, district, regional, and companywide, using inputs from senior management.
- Standardize and automate reporting mechanisms; consolidate data from disparate systems for unified analysis and reporting.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities and potential threats; develop and institute strategies to minimize identified risks.
- Monitor risk management initiatives and adjust strategies as required by ongoing threats.
- Prepare and present detailed reports encapsulating risk findings, analysis conclusions, and recommendations for executive review.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like finance, legal, and operations to weave integrated risk management solutions.
- Train and guide company personnel on risk awareness and data-driven decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Science, Business, Economics, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience in a role requiring data analysis, financial insight, and risk assessment.
- Mastery in Microsoft Excel, SQL, stat packages (R, SAS, Python), and risk assessment tools.
- Proficient understanding of database extraction software and various reporting tools.
- Knowledge of industry regulations, compliance standards, and risk assessment methodologies.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Risk Analyst (CRA) or Certified Risk Manager (CRM) are a plus.
- Domain-specific risk assessment experience and familiarity with enterprise risk management platforms.
- $50-60K DOE
- Annual Performance Bonuses and Reviews for Raises
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance